[petsc-users] SNESComputeJacobianDefaultColor use too much memory

Rongliang Chen rongliang.chan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 06:45:04 CST 2016

Dear all,

I am using the DMPlex to solve a PDE on a unstructured mesh and I use
the SNESComputeJacobianDefaultColor to compute the Jacobian matrix.

My code works well for small problems (such as problem with 3.3x10^5
cells using 120 cores) but when I increase the number of cells (2.6x10^6
cells using 1920 cores), I go out of memory in the function
MatColoringApply. It shows that one of the cores uses over 11G memory. I
think this is unreasonable. Do you have any suggestions for debugging
this problem?

Best regards,
Rongliang