[petsc-users] Cannot mix release and development versions of SLEPc and PETSc

Mateusz Łącki mateusz.lacki at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 02:14:56 CST 2016

Hi
I want to install SLEPc but the configure command gives me the above error message:
"Cannot mix release and development versions of SLEPc and PETSc”.

What I understand from lecture of config/configure.py file in slepc the key is to compare “RELEASE” paramaters.
In my petsc and slepc installations I see:

cat slepc-3.7.3/include/slepcversion.h | grep RELEASE | head -n 1
#define SLEPC_VERSION_RELEASE    1

and:
cat petsc-3.7.4/include/petscversion.h | grep RELEASE | head -n 1
#define PETSC_VERSION_RELEASE    1

So the release seems to be the same and I do not understand why the following if condition gets triggered.

if petsc.release != slepc.release:
  log.Exit('ERROR: Cannot mix release and development versions of SLEPc and PETSc’)

Best,
Mateusz Łącki