[petsc-users] Running the same problem multiple time, but the matrix is not the same

Khai Pham khaipham at utexas.edu
Thu Dec 8 14:52:24 CST 2016

Hello,

I have problem with matrix assembly for linear solver KSP. I run the the
same problem with 4 processors multiple time. Using flag
-mat_view ::ascii_matlab to view the matrix. The matrix outputs are not the
same during each run. Please see the attached file for the comparison
between two runs. I checked all the input for each processor as it calls to
MatSetValues ( indices of the matrix and values ) and it's consistent all
the time. I also checked the allocation information (with flag -info) and
it looks fine. Could you give me an advice how to deal with this issue?
Thanks !

Best,
Khai