[petsc-users] Some routines are very expensive, such as DMPlexGetSupport and DMPlexPointLocalRef.

leejearl leejearl at 126.com
Sun Dec 4 01:58:12 CST 2016

Hi, all PETSc developer:

     Thank you for your great works. I have deploy my fvm code based on
the PETSc.
It works well, and the results are beautiful. But I found a problem that
some of the
functions, such as DMPlexGetSupport and DMPlexPointLocalRef, are very
expensive.
<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/DM/DMPlexPointLocalRef.html>
It costs a lot of times if such routines are involved. Is there any
method one can use to reduce
the time costs and improve the efficiency of the executable applications?
      Thanks
leejearl