[petsc-users] strong-scaling vs weak-scaling

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:01:48 CDT 2016

Thanks everyone. I still think there is a even better phrase for this,
like, static scaling? Because unlike strong/weak scaling, concurrency is
fixed (hence "static") and we only scale the problem, so this is a mix
between strong and weak scaling.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, what I really wanted to say is, it's good to know that these
"dynamic range/performance spectrum/static scaling" plots are designed to
go past the sweet spots. I also agree that it would be interesting to see a
time vs dofs*iterations/time plot. Would it then also be useful to look at
the step to setting up the preconditioner?

Justin