[petsc-users] What exactly goes into DMPlexSetRefinementLimit

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 09:38:22 CDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 5:23 AM, Justin Chang <jychang48 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Playing around with SNES ex12.c and I am attempting to tinker around with
> 3D options. I am trying to understand what kind of values go into
> -refinement_limit for 3D simplices.

The cell volume limits for any cells created out of the existing cells.
This is how TetGen understands refinement. I think a
better way is to use a metric tensor field, and we now have an interface to
pragmatic for this (I think currently I only hooked it up
to DMCoarsen() but it does both). Clearly the interface is immature, but
this is the way we are headed.

  Matt