[petsc-users] [petsc4py] a problem with computeRHSFunctionLinear interface?

Francesco Caimmi francesco.caimmi at polimi.it
Thu Aug 11 02:36:39 CDT 2016

Dear all,

I was trying to reproduce /ts/examples/tutorials/ex4.c in python to learn how
to use TS solvers; the example uses the function TSComputeRHSFunctionLinear.
However I get an error when running my code (attached in case you want to look
at it), when I call ts.solve.

Here is the trace:
[fcaimmi at Wotan 2645] > ./ts_ex4.py
Solving a linear TS problem, number of processors =  1
Timestep  0 : time = 0.0  2-norm error = 1.14956855594e-08  max norm error = 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./ts_ex4.py", line 473, in <module>
    main(m = m, debug = debug)
  File "./ts_ex4.py", line 340, in main
    ts.solve(u)
  File "PETSc/TS.pyx", line 568, in petsc4py.PETSc.TS.solve
(src/petsc4py.PETSc.c:188927)
  File "PETSc/petscts.pxi", line 221, in petsc4py.PETSc.TS_RHSFunction
(src/petsc4py.PETSc.c:35490)
  File "PETSc/TS.pyx", line 189, in petsc4py.PETSc.TS.computeRHSFunctionLinear
(src/petsc4py.PETSc.c:181611)
TypeError: computeRHSFunctionLinear() takes exactly 3 positional arguments (5
given)

I cannot understand if there is a problem with my code or if the problem is in
computeRHSFunctionLinear interface.

 I checked https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc4py/ and the interface to
computeRHSFunctionLinear  has three arguments, however I am not that much into
petsc4py to tell how it gets called.

I am on Petsc Release Version 3.7.3

Thank you for your time.

Best,
--
Francesco Caimmi

Laboratorio di Ingegneria dei Polimeri
http://www.chem.polimi.it/polyenglab/

Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Chimica,
Materiali e Ingegneria Chimica “Giulio Natta”

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32
I-20133 Milano
Tel. +39.02.2399.4711
Fax +39.02.7063.8173

francesco.caimmi at polimi.it
Skype: fmglcaimmi (please arrange meetings by e-mail)