[petsc-users] Reference for multi-grid tuning

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 18:53:51 CDT 2016

Hi all,

I want to play around with algebraic multi-grid parameters to optimize
performance for my 3D problems but I don't have a good idea of where to
start. Don't really see a detailed reference or tutorial for tuning these
parameters in the PETSc manual.

Can someone point me to a good paper/reference/book/online resource/etc
that can give good guidelines on how to tune parameters for implementations
similar to what's currently in GAMG/ML for instance.

Thanks,
Justin