[petsc-users] TS and petscFE

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:44:39 CDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 8:22 AM, Maximilian Hartig <imilian.hartig at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to run a transient problem with PetscFE. Example ex11.c seems
> relevant since it uses the PestcFV context to create boundary conditions
> and RHS Functions for the TS.
> Is there an easy way to do transient analysis with TS and petscFE or do I
> have to code my own time-stepping routine?

You can use

    ierr = DMTSSetBoundaryLocal(adaptedDM,  DMPlexTSComputeBoundary,
user);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    ierr = DMTSSetIFunctionLocal(adaptedDM, DMPlexTSComputeIFunctionFEM,
user);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    ierr = DMTSSetIJacobianLocal(adaptedDM, DMPlexTSComputeIJacobianFEM,
user);CHKERRQ(ierr);

I have been meaning to write a heat equation example, but I have not
finished yet,