[petsc-users] how many downloads we have for petsc per year?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 22 16:22:59 CDT 2015

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015, Fande Kong wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just was wondering how many downloads we have for petsc per year? And how
> many citations from simulations based on petsc? I know the petsc is very
> popular, and I have been using it for more than five years. These numbers
> possibly could tell us how popular it is.

download counts can be a bit misleading as more folk migrate to using
petsc via git. And there can be many repeat downloads - perhaps from
automated sctipts [similar to petsc nightly builds]

I have the following numbers for 2014 [and for 2015 till date]

Satish

2014:
Total downloads: 191849
Unique downloads: 28237 [weeding out duplicate downloads from the same ip-address]

2015 [till-today]
Total downloads: 141673
Unique downloads: 16201

Satish