[petsc-users] EPS iteration number

Xujun Zhao xzhao99 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:44:58 CDT 2015

The following is another test, which shows the outer iteration is 2, and
MatMult is performed 24 times. So it means the first outer iteration
performs 16, and the subsequent iterations performs 8. (24=16+8)

What parameters can I tune to accelerate the convergence? Will changing ncv
work better?
The following nconv=1 and unconverged value, what do they mean?

2 EPS nconv=1 first unconverged value (error) 0.0140231 (1.32666590e-02)

--->test: EPS solve results:
          the eigenvalue: 0.009301
          Solution method: krylovschur
          Number of iterations of the method: 2