[petsc-users] DIVERGED_FNORM_NAN

Alexander Lindsay adlinds3 at ncsu.edu
Wed Sep 16 08:28:50 CDT 2015

Hi all,

I've built a MOOSE application and the problem I'm studying solves great
using serial LU. However, when I try to solve in parallel using super
LU, I encounter many DIVERGED_LINE_SEARCH errors using the default bt
line search. If I switch to line_search=none, then instead of
DIVERGED_LINE_SEARCH errors I get DIVERGED_FNORM_NAN errors. I do not
have a lot of debugging experience, but I am slowly gaining more. Is
there a good way to get more information about what's causing the NAN's?
I.e. a specific residual or jacobian statement?

This may not even be an appropriate list to post this problem in (could
be more on the MOOSE side); apologies if that's the case.

Alex