[petsc-users] PetscOptionsGetString Not Finding Option

Jared Crean jcrean01 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 19:52:03 CDT 2015

Hello,
     I am trying to use PetscOptionsGetString to retrieve the value of
an option in the options database, but the value returned in the last
argument indicates the option was not found.   In the attached code (a
modified version of ksp example 2), the string "-ksp_pc_side" is passed
in as the argument name. If I run the code as

     ./jc2 -pc_type ilu -ksp_pc_side right

     I get the output:

     option -ksp_pc_side was found

     from line 71 of the file.  Petsc does not complain of unused
options when the program finishes.  Am I using this function incorrectly?

     Jared Crean