[petsc-users] NASM FormFunctionLocal

Rongliang Chen rongliang.chan at gmail.com
Sat May 30 05:05:31 CDT 2015

Hi there,

I am trying to use NASM to solve a nonlinear problem. In my
FormFunctionLocal, I need to call DMDAVecGetArray(da, myvec, z). For the
"-da_overlap 0" case, the code works fine.

For the "-da_overlap 1" case, when I use the vector "myvec" created by
DMCreateLocalVector, it works fine. But if I use the vector "myvec" created
by DMCreateGlobalVector, I got the error messages:
-----------------------
[6]Arguments are incompatible
[6]PETSC ERROR: Vector local size 597870 is not compatible with DMDA local
sizes 619528 664392
----------------------

And when I switch to "-da_overlap 2", both of the global and local version
of "mrvec" got error messages:
----------------------------------
[10]PETSC ERROR: Arguments are incompatible
[10]PETSC ERROR: Vector local size 589680 is not compatible with DMDA local
sizes 633144 678680

[3]PETSC ERROR: Arguments are incompatible
[3]PETSC ERROR: Vector local size 619528 is not compatible with DMDA local
sizes 650256 696540

Can any one tell me how to use DMDAVecGetArray in FormFunctionLocal for
NASM? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rongliang