[petsc-users] DMPlex examples in parallel/3D?

Mark Lohry mlohry at princeton.edu
Tue May 19 10:14:32 CDT 2015

I'm interested in trying DMPlex for a parallel 3D unstructured DG
solver.  Is it appropriate for this, and is it considerably more work
than for the simple DMDACreate3D examples? The manual example seems
fairly clear on how to set up a mesh in serial, but does this play
nicely with METIS for partitioning, and DMDA for parallel
arrays/communication? I'm typically using CGNS files, so is
DMPlexCreateCGNS working in parallel and appropriate for this?

Any examples/guidance related to this would be appreciated.

-Mark