[petsc-users] SLEPc Bogus eigenvalues for large -eps_nev

Vijay Gopal Chilkuri vijay.gopal.c at gmail.com
Thu May 14 10:28:52 CDT 2015

I get the proper eigenvalues (and quite fast) when I ask for only 10-15 of
the lowest eigenvalues.
The only problem is when I ask for m ~ 100-300 of the lowest eigenvalues.

Is it possible that asking for large number of eigenvalues would cause
problems ?

I've got the same problem with smaller matrices of size 540540. Again for
this system, if I ask for
10-15 eigenvalues I get the proper correct converged eigenvalues, but when
I ask for more than 100 eigevalues
I get incorrect results !

If you would like to test I can send you the proper files.

Thanks,
 Vijay