[petsc-users] DMPlex and HDF5 vector ordering

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Fri May 8 01:24:01 CDT 2015

hi,

I create a Vec on a DMPlex using DMPlexCreateGlobalVec(), then write it
to HDF5 using PetscViewerHDF5Open() and VecView().

I then try to read it back in later (in another program, but using the
same DMPlex) using PetscViewerHDF5Open() and VecLoad().

It looks like the ordering of the final vector entries in the second
program depends on how many processors I use. If they are the same in
both programs, I get the right ordering, but if they aren't, I don't. Is
that expected? If so, is there any way to guarantee the right ordering
when I read the Vec back in?

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher