[petsc-users] PetscFinalize in the middle of the C program

siddhesh godbole siddhesh4godbole at gmail.com
Wed May 6 04:16:24 CDT 2015

Hello,

I want to close the PETSc environment in the middle of my C program but
want to retain the matrices generated in PETSc and access them using C
program. How can i /(Can I) do this?

To be precise, i am solving eigenvalue system using SLEPc and i am using
the results to decouple the system matrices. Now i want to run the Newmark
integration code on those matrices. I am getting very slow performance by
PETSc routines such as
MatGetColumnVector()
VecGetArray()
MatAXPY()
VecAXPBYPCZ()
 So i just want to close the PETSc environment and retain these matrices
and solve using available Newmark code in C using mpi.  Need your inputs.

Thank you very much

*Siddhesh M Godbole*

5th year Dual Degree,
Civil Eng & Applied Mech.