[petsc-users] advection-diffusion pointwise function for FEM

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 02:07:52 CDT 2015

Matt,

Yes I would actually use a[] in this case. Back then, I think I was trying
to take the derivative of the auxiliary which i had declared to be
piece-wise constant.

The auxiliary a[] is the gradient of pressure (times permeability over
viscosity) obtained from solving the Darcy equation as a Laplacian. This
part is solved separately, projected as cell-wise velocity, and inputted as
an auxiliary for the advection-diffusion problem.

Speaking of which, have you had a chance to look into
DMPlexProjectFieldLocal(...) not projecting dirichlet BC constraints? I
realize that the "small example" I gave you wasn't small at all, so I can
send you a smaller and simpler one if needed.

Thanks,
Justin