[petsc-users] (no subject)

Reza Yaghmaie reza.yaghmaie2 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 16:11:09 CDT 2015

Dear PETSC representatives,

I am solving a nonlinear problem with SNESNGMRES and it converges faster
with less iterations compared to otehr SNES methods. Any idea why that is
the case?
Also SNESQN diverges quickly. I tried to use SNESLINESEARCHBASIC for the
linesearch option and nothing changes.
I presume it is using the default SNESQN method. Btw, there are three
options for QN, as "SNES_QN_LBFGS, SNES_QN_BROYDEN, SNES_QN_BADBROYEN" in
teh manual. I tried to associate them with SNES however it seems these
hyphened names don't work there. What am I missing?

Best regards,
Ray