[petsc-users] Load real matrix in complex PETSc build.

stefano.pedraglio at libero.it stefano.pedraglio at libero.it
Mon May 4 14:34:34 CDT 2015

Hallo
I have saved a large matrix using PETSc configured with scalar type real and I used binary viewer. I need now to compute the eigensolutions in another program using SLEPc and I need to use a complex shift. I have configured and compiled another PETSc and SLEPc build for complex scalars. I know it is not possible to load a matrix saved as real when using a program configured for complex numbers. Is there a workaround to perform this operation? Maybe saving and loading in some other format the matrix or using a  different library for eigenvalue computation. Thank you for any suggestion.

Hallo
Stefano