[petsc-users] Obtaining bytes per second

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 07:36:04 CDT 2015

Hello everyone,

If I wanted to obtain the bytes/second for my PETSc program, is there a
generic way of doing this? My initial thought would be to first run the
program with valgrind to obtain the total memory usage, and then run it
without valgrind to get the wall clock time. These two metrics then give
you the bytes/second.

Or can PETSc manually count the load/stores the way it's done for flops? I
was looking at the PetscMemXXX() functions but wasn't sure if this is what
I was looking for.

Thanks,
Justin