[petsc-users] Parallelize the Schur complement

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sat Mar 21 00:32:00 CDT 2015

"Sun, Hui" <hus003 at ucsd.edu> writes:
> How do I parallelize it? I mean, I use DMCreateMatrix to create A00,
> and I can parallelize the rows of A01 and A10^t by the same DM
> object. But I don't know how to parallelize the columns of A01 and
> A10^t.

You create the matrix.  We don't have DM support for non-square
matrices, but you can get their sizes.  You might consider using
DMComposite or a multi-field DM when creating the matrix.  It's also
pretty likely that you don't want to actually form the Schur complement
(usually dense), and instead would be better off approximating it and
solving with it iteratively.