[petsc-users] USE_HASH_TABLE

Chung-Kan Huang ckhuangf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:17:43 CDT 2015

Hi,

I was looking for some performance enhancements around the linear solver
area and I was curious about this USE_HASH_TABLE option.

I wonder what scale of improvement I should expect and I got follow error
during my first attempt.

[0]PETSC ERROR: ---------------------  Stack Frames
------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Note: The EXACT line numbers in the stack are not available,
[0]PETSC ERROR:       INSTEAD the line number of the start of the function
[0]PETSC ERROR:       is given.
[0]PETSC ERROR: [0] MatSetValuesBlocked_MPIBAIJ_HT line 470
/d/dev01/chungh/lib2/petsc-3.5.2/src/mat/impls/baij/mpi/mpibaij.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: [0] MatSetValuesBlocked line 1636
/d/dev01/chungh/lib2/petsc-3.5.2/src/mat/interface/matrix.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message

I wonder anything I didn't do right..

Thanks,

Kan