[petsc-users] Postdoc position available

Dmitry Karpeyev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 13 12:04:54 CDT 2015

Apologies in advance for multiple-posting.

There is a postdoctoral position available at the University of Chicago
that may be of interest to the members of this list.  The focus is on the
development of new and existing PETSc solvers required by a range of
applications.

Specifically, we are interested in the development of effective solvers and
preconditioners for variational inequalities with general constraints,
improvements to linear/nonlinear multigrid preconditioners, nonlinear
splitting and domain-decomposition methods.

Relevant applications include nonlinear elasticity with frictional contact,
strongly-coupled multiphysics models, problems with moving meshes, mortar
finite-element formulations, etc.

Knowledge of PETSc, MPI programming and numerical algorithms is required.
Familiarity with modern high-performance hardware as well as with FEM
libraries libMesh and MOOSE is a big plus.

Please forward this information to your colleagues that might be interested
in this opportunity. Feel free to contact me for more details.

Thanks!
Dmitry.

Dmitry Karpeyev
Computation Institute