[petsc-users] log_summary MPI

Justin Chang jchang27 at uh.edu
Thu Mar 5 18:12:52 CST 2015

Hi all,

I apologize if these may be simple questions that could be found somewhere.
In the log_summary profiling, I have a few questions about the MPI
messages/MPI message lengths metrics:

1) For MPI messages, does the value under Max correspond to the maximum
number of messages a single processor passes?

2) What are the units of MPI message lengths? Is it in bytes?

3) What does MPI message lengths refer to exactly? Like, does it refer to
the max/min/average size per sent/received message or does it refer to the
cumulative size that a single processor sends/receives?

Thanks

--
Justin Chang
PhD Candidate, Civil Engineering - Computational Sciences