[petsc-users] DM coordinates interpolations

Gianluca Meneghello gianmail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:27:42 CDT 2015

Dear all,

I would like to solve a PDE discretized on a nonuniform --- but rectangular
--- grid and I wanted to use the DM coordinates vector to compute the
metric terms by finite difference. The only alternative I see is to
recompute the coordinates (and then the metric terms) at every function and
jacobian evaluation call.

My question is what is the best (or even correct) way to provide the
coordinates to the newly created da objects. Is there anything like a
DMDASetNonUniformCoordinates to which to pass a function computing the
coordinates? As far as I can tell the fine grid coordinates are currently
linearly interpolated from the coarse grid ones.

Please also let me thank you for your great work: it has been and it
currently is of enormous help.

Best

Gianluca