[petsc-users] June 24th DMPlex Webinar

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 10:20:17 CDT 2015

Michael Lange will give a webinar tomorrow at 9:00am CDT which covers the
DMPlex interface for unstructured mesh management.

ARCHER Webinar: Flexible, Scalable Mesh and Data Management using PETSc DMPlex
15:00 BST, Wed 24th June 2015
http://www.archer.ac.uk/training/virtual/.

Michael Lange, Imperial College, London

Scalable file I/O and efficient domain topology management present
important challenges for many scientific applications if they are to fully
utilise HPC resources. The use of composable abstractions allows a wide
variety of application codes to utilise a range of mesh file formats while
automatically inheriting the benefits of well-known performance
optimisations.

In this talk we give an overview of PETSc's DMPlex domain topology
abstraction and it's recent integration with the Fluidity CFD application
and the Firedrake automated finite element system. We highlight how
both applications utilise DMPlex's mesh management capabilities to
perform common mesh management tasks and data layout optimisation,
while promoting application interoperability through shared file I/O routines.

To join, click "Launch" at http://www.archer.ac.uk/training/virtual/.
For more detailed information, including software requirements,
seehttp://www.archer.ac.uk/training/virtual/blackboard_collaborate.php