[petsc-users] Error after updating to 3.6.0: finclude/petscsys.h: No such file or directory

Danyang Su danyang.su at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 23:15:58 CDT 2015

Hi PETSc User,

I get problem in compiling my codes after updating PETSc to 3.6.0.

The codes work fine using PETSc 3.5.3 and PETSc-dev.

I have made modified include lines in makefile from

#PETSc variables for V3.5.3 and previous version
#include ${PETSC_DIR}/conf/variables
#include ${PETSC_DIR}/conf/rules

#PETSc variables for development version, version V3.6.0 and later
include ${PETSC_DIR}/lib/petsc/conf/variables
include ${PETSC_DIR}/lib/petsc/conf/rules

but I got the error

fatal error: finclude/petscsys.h: No such file or directory
  #include <finclude/petscsys.h>
  ^
compilation terminated.

The configure log is attached.