[petsc-users] PETSc was configured with one OpenMPI version but now appears to be compiling using a different OpenMPI

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 07:16:50 CDT 2015

wrote:

> configure.log is attached.

Ah, you have the buggy Apple preprocessor, so you get

                Unable to parse OpenMPI version from header. Probably a
buggy preprocessor
                  Defined "HAVE_OMPI_MAJOR_VERSION" to "unknown"
                  Defined "HAVE_OMPI_MINOR_VERSION" to "unknown"
                  Defined "HAVE_OMPI_RELEASE_VERSION" to "unknown"

In the new release, we catch this. However, I think then the make check
fails.

Satish, how is the make check for this version number done?