[petsc-users] petsc4py installation error with PETSc v 3.6.1

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 15:23:32 CDT 2015

I am working on 5 different machines and didn't keep good track of which
machines had which petsc versions. The machine in question did not have the
latest petsc 3.6.1 which was causing the problems. Rebuilding from
petsc-dev did the trick, thanks for the help guys.

Justin

PS - Every time I do a git pull of the latest petsc4py, i always have to
apply Satish's patch in order to avoid the issue originally posted. Is
there a way to update petsc4py master such that it conforms to the
latest PetscSectionCreateGlobalSection()
format?