[petsc-users] KSP changes for successive solver

Michele Rosso mrosso at uci.edu
Fri Jul 24 14:44:30 CDT 2015

Barry,

I attached ksp_view and log_summary for two different setups:

1) Plain MG on 5 levels + LU at the coarse level (files ending in mg5)
2) Plain MG on 5 levels + custom PC + LU at the coarse level (files
ending in mg7)

The custom PC works on a subset of processes, thus allowing to use two
more levels of MG, for a total of 7.
Case 1) is extremely slow ( ~ 20 sec per solve ) and converges in 21
iterations.
Case 2) is way faster ( ~ 0.25 sec per solve ) and converges in 29
iterations.

Thanks for your help!

Michele