[petsc-users] Scalability issue

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 24 10:50:43 CDT 2015

   It would be very helpful if you ran the code on say 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 ... processes with the option -log_summary and send (as attachments) the log summary information.

   Also on the same machine run the streams benchmark; with recent releases of PETSc you only need to do

cd $PETSC_DIR
make streams NPMAX=16 (or whatever your largest process count is)

and send the output.

I suspect that you are doing everything fine and it is more an issue with the configuration of your machine. Also read the information at http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html#computers on "binding"

  Barry