[petsc-users] Starting vector

Marc-André Dubois ma.dubois at me.com
Mon Jul 20 11:45:20 CDT 2015

How can you know what ncv value to set?

Le 20 juillet 2015 à 11:39, "Jose E. Roman" <jroman at dsic.upv.es> a écrit :

[Please reply to the list.]

If you set ncv=n then the computation time will not change, as you are essentially computing all eigenvalues. As I said before, this is not the purpose of SLEPc.

If you set for instance n=4000, ncv=32, nev=1 then yes you should see an improvement of convergence in the second solve (in fact, it should converge immediately if the initial vector is actually an eigenvector).

In the case of nconv=1, EPSGetInvariantSubspace() will return the same vector as EPSGetEigenpairs(eps,0), so both can be used.

Jose