[petsc-users] nonlinear eigenvalue problem with structured mesh

Gideon Simpson gideon.simpson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 16:05:11 CDT 2015

Thanks for the suggestions.  Suppose though that I wanted to avoid using a self-consistent approach and just attack the full nonlinear problem.  Is there a “smart” way to handle my data where the Vec q, which stores both the function on the mesh, and the eigenvalue parameter.  Suppose the eigenvalue parameter was in the last entry of the q vector, and the N-1 entries represnted the solution.  Is there a way to mask this sub-vector so it can be manipulated with a da?

-gideon