[petsc-users] Fieldsplit PC null pointer error on getksp

Sander Land sander.land at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 05:43:25 CDT 2015

Hi Barry,

I have some structures set up that map dofs to their respective matrix
indices, and it wasn't difficult to change them.

However, now this call:
MatMultAdd(ctxp->B,xp,bx,xxtmp);
is directed to "MatMultAdd_SeqAIJ_Inode" and gives a vector lock error at
line 601 of mat/impls/aij/seq/inode.c
ierr = VecGetArray(zz,&z);
I think this is a bug and should be VecGetArrayRead as it doesn't need to
be written to.

In the old xxxyyyzzz ordering this call went to MatMultAdd_SeqAIJ, which
(via VecGetArrayPair) does use VecGetArrayRead. I'm not sure what is
causing the different matrix formats.

I'm also still not sure at what point I can change the matrix block size to
get the correct BoomerAMGSetNumFunctions.

Thanks,
Sander