[petsc-users] Hypre 2.10 lapack undefined symbols (OS-X)

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jul 12 15:21:29 CDT 2015

> On Jul 12, 2015, at 3:10 PM, Denis Davydov <davydden at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Oh, I see.
> Thanks for clarifying it, Barry.
>
> Regards,
> Denis.
>
>> On 12 Jul 2015, at 20:17, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>>
>> Denis,
>>
>>   PETSc doesn't build hypre to used "standalone", it builds hypre to be called from PETSc; hence those tests failing doesn't mean anything is wrong.

  Basically the only difference is that since linking with PETSc manages the blas/lapack libraries (and MPI libraries if no MPI wrapper is used) we don't pass to hypre configure all the libraries that it would need to link tests/examples directly which is why you had messages about missing symbols.

  Barry