[petsc-users] Hypre 2.10 lapack undefined symbols (OS-X)

Denis Davydov davydden at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 04:26:22 CDT 2015

Hi Matthew,

> On 12 Jul 2015, at 10:54, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Lapack-related undefined symbols errors when trying to run tests on Hypre, configured and compiled by PETSc
> (./configure --download-superlu_dist --download-metis --download-parmetis --with-cc=mpicc --with-cxx=mpicxx --with-fc=mpif90 --with-debugging=0 --download-hypre).
> Any ideas what’s happening?
>
> We need configure.log. This certainly sounds like a problem from mixing builds. Had you had unsuccessfu

please, find it attached.

> builds in this directory before? I would recommend wiping out the $PETSC_ARCH directory completely in

no.

> these cases.

wiped, reconfigured, but the problem is still there.

p.s. I submitted a pull request for homebrew-science (os-x): https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-science/pull/2511
and Hypre 2.10 compiles and runs 'make check' and 'make test' fine.

The configure line is different from the one PETSc uses (blas and lapack libs are specified here):
./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/hypre/2.10.0b
--with-blas=yes
--with-blas-libs=blas cblas
--with-blas-lib-dirs=/usr/lib
--with-lapack=yes
--with-lapack-libs=lapack clapack f77lapack
--with-lapack-lib-dirs=/usr/lib
--without-superlu
--without-fei
--without-mli