[petsc-users] Can't expand MemType 1: jcol 16104

Xiaoye S. Li xsli at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 7 17:08:19 CDT 2015

For superlu_dist failure, this occurs during symbolic factorization.  Since
you are using serial symbolic factorization, it requires the entire graph
of A to be available in the memory of one MPI task. How much memory do you
have for each MPI task?

It won't help even if you use more processes.  You should try to use
parallel symbolic factorization option.

Another point.  You set up process grid as:
       Process grid nprow 32 x npcol 20
For better performance, you show swap the grid dimension. That is, it's
better to use 20 x 32, never gives nprow larger than npcol.

Sherry