[petsc-users] proper Fortran usage for PetscMemoryGetMaximumUsage

Anthony Paul Haas aph at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jul 2 16:51:52 CDT 2015

Hi,

Could you please tell me what is the proper Fortran usage for
*P*etscMemoryGetMaximumUsage?
Do I need to define mem (see below) as PetscInt or PetscLogDouble? I tried
both and in both case I got zero memory for all the processes.

I did:

       1st try:  PetscLogDouble mem
       2nd try:  PetscInt mem

    call SlepcInitialize(PETSC_NULL_CHARACTER,ierr)

    call MPI_COMM_SIZE(MPI_COMM_WORLD,size,ierr)

    call MPI_COMM_RANK(MPI_COMM_WORLD,rank,ierr)

    call PetscMemorySetGetMaximumUsage(ierr)

    .... some code with allocate, MatCreate, MatsetValues,...

    call PetscMemoryGetMaximumUsage(mem,ierr)

    write(*,*)'On Processor',rank,'memory:',mem

Thanks,

Anthony