[petsc-users] gamg problem

Benoit Fabrèges benoit.fabreges at inria.fr
Thu Jul 2 11:38:38 CDT 2015

Dear PETSc developers,
I updated from 3.4 to 3.6 and I have a strange behavior with the GAMG
preconditioner. I am running ex54 with the following options:
-ne 1023 -ksp_rtol 1e-10 -ksp_monitor_true_residual -options_left

I don't have the same behavior depending on the number of process used.
It is for example not converging with 8 and 12 process with the reason
KSP_DIVERGED_INDEFINITE_PC but it is working fine in other cases (I
didn't try with more than 12 process).

Do you have the same behavior ? It is working fine with 3.4 version.

Best,

Benoit