[petsc-users] Weird behavior for log_summary

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 1 20:02:28 CDT 2015

  Ahh yes, I see. I have added the following text to PetscOptionsInsertFile() to clarify

Usually, instead of using this command, one should list the file name in the call to PetscInitialize(), this insures that certain options
   such as -log_summary or -malloc_debug are processed properly. This routine only sets options into the options database that will be processed by later
   calls to XXXSetFromOptions() it should not be used for options listed under PetscInitialize().