[petsc-users] Hybrid MPI/OpenMP PETSc

W. Miah wadud.miah at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 18:22:44 CDT 2015

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking to hybridise the TeaLeaf mini app,
and the Imperial College bunch have shown some performance
improvements for some CFD codes, but nothing really significant. I
haven't come across a code that improves massively with hybridisation.

TeaLeaf is just a small test - nothing significant. We'll see if it
improves anything. Of course, I won't call MatSetValues within an
OpenMP region :-) I asked because this is usually called within a loop
for populating the rows of the matrix.

Best regards,
Wadud.

email:   wadud.miah at gmail.com