[petsc-users] PETSc 3.5.2 on Mac OS X Yosemite, configuring gives C preprocessor error

Justin Dong jdong217 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 14:45:36 CST 2015

Hi all,

I just updated to OS X Yosemite. I have the latest XCode and also
reinstalled command line developer tools.

When I try to install PETSc, I get the following error:

./configure --with-cc=gcc --with-cxx=g++ --with-fc=gfortran
--download-fblaslapack --download-mpich --with-debugging=0

             Configuring PETSc to compile on your system

TESTING: checkCPreprocessor from
config.setCompilers(config/BuildSystem/config/setCompilers.py:568)

         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for
details):

Cannot find a C preprocessor

Can someone explain to me what's going on here?

Thanks,

Justin