[petsc-users] filename upper case letters

Gideon Simpson gideon.simpson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 17:39:14 CST 2015

It has the following behavior, which is consistent with  what was said about OS X.  If there is no xvec.bin/xvec.bin.info, and you run this code, it saves to Xvec.bin as desired.  However, if xvec.bin/xvec.bin.info are present, it overwrites them, using the lower case filename.

#include <petscvec.h>

int main(int argc,char **argv)
{
  PetscInt n=100;

  char X_filename[PETSC_MAX_PATH_LEN]="Xvec.bin";
  Vec X;
  PetscViewer viewer;
  PetscScalar a=2.0;

  PetscInitialize(&argc,&argv,NULL,NULL);

  VecCreate(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,&X);
  VecSetSizes(X,PETSC_DECIDE,n);
  VecSetFromOptions(X);
  VecSet(X, a);

  PetscViewerBinaryOpen(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, X_filename,FILE_MODE_WRITE,&viewer);
  VecView(X, viewer);
  PetscViewerDestroy(&viewer);

  VecDestroy(&X);

  PetscFinalize();