[petsc-users] Domain Decomposition Method for Parallel FEM Code

Hanglin Ye hanglinye at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:52:12 CST 2015

Dear all,

I am new to PETSc and I want to use it to parallel my current serial FEM
code. I want to use Domain Decomposition Method so that the whole FEM
domain is partitioned into sub-domains and computations are performed in
sub-domains then assemble together. Is there a way to use PETSc to realize
that ?

I've been searching through tutorials but none seems to be clear about this
aspect. I mainly wish to know what solver of PETSc do I need.

Thank you very much.
--
Hanglin Ye
Ph.D.Student MANE, RPI