[petsc-users] Issue with window SF type using derived datatypes for reduction

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Feb 9 19:31:27 CST 2015

Lawrence Mitchell <lawrence.mitchell at imperial.ac.uk> writes:
> Having just tried a build with --download-mpich, I notice this problem
> does not occur.  So should I shout at the OpenMPI team?

Open MPI has many long-standing bugs with one-sided and datatypes.  I
have pleaded with them to error instead of corrupting memory or
returning wrong results for unsupported cases.  My recommendation is to
not use -sf_type window with Open MPI.

I hear that they have newfound interest in fixing the decade-old
one-sided bugs, so I would say it is worth reporting this issue.