[petsc-users] Multiple in-flight communications with PetscSFs

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 7 11:04:11 CST 2015

   Lawrence,

     In general we do not want XXXSetFromOptions() to be randomly called deep within constructors or other places. Ideally we want them called either when I user calls them directly or from another YYYSetFromOptions() that the user called.  We do violate this rule occasionally but we don't want new XXXSetFromOptions() put into the code randomly.

   Barry