[petsc-users] Large rectangular Dense Transpose multiplication with sparse

Ghosh, Swarnava sghosh2012 at gatech.edu
Thu Feb 5 17:11:44 CST 2015

Dear all,

  I am trying to compute matrices A = transpose(R)*H*R and M = transpose(R)*R where
  H is a sparse (banded) matrix in MATMPIAIJ format (5 million x 5 million total size)
  R is a MPI dense matrix of size 5 million x 2000.

  I tried 1) MatPtAP - Failed, realized this only works for pairs of AIJ matrices
          2) First multiplying H*R and storing in 5 million x 2000 MPI dense. Then MatTranspose of R and multiplying the transposed R with 5 million x 2000 dense. This multiplication fails.

   Could someone please suggest a way of doing this.

Regards,
Swarnava
--
Swarnava Ghosh