[petsc-users] passing information to TSIFunction

Sanjay Kharche Sanjay.Kharche at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 03:28:41 CST 2015

Hi

I need to pass a 2D array of ints to user defined functions, especially RHS. Ideally, this 2D array is dynamically created at run time to make my application general. Yesterday's discussion is below.

I did this in the application context:

/* User-defined data structures and routines           */
/* AppCtx: used by FormIFunction() */
typedef struct {
  DM        da; // DM instance in which u, r are placed.
  PetscInt  geometry[usr_MY][usr_MX]; // This is static, so the whole thing is visible to everybody who gets the context. This is my working solution as of now.
  Vec        geom; // I duplicate u for this in calling function. VecDuplicate( u , &user.geom). I cannot pass this to RHS function, I cannot access values in geom in the called function.
  PetscInt **geomet; // I calloc this in the calling function. I cannot access the data in RHS function
  int **anotherGeom; // just int.
} AppCtx;

This static geometry 2D array can be seen in all functions that receive the application context. This is a working solution to my problem, although not ideal. The ideal solution would be if I can pass and receive something like geom or geomet which are dynamically created after the 2D DA is created in the calling function.

I am working through the manual and the examples, but some indication of how to solve this specific issue will be great.

cheers
Sanjay